Setting up your own herb station is easy peasy no matter where you are living. It's totally worth it because buying fresh herbs aren't worth the price.
I started off with herbs in little pots just hanging out on my windowsill. Doing this is great if you are flatting or in an apartment.
What you need to get your windowsill herbs started:
- The window needs to get at least 6 hours of sunlight.
- Choose your herbs. Think about what you are going to use often and whats in season. I currently have basil, rosemary, mint, sage, thyme, oregano and paisley.
- Buy the herbs, seeds are definitely cheaper but more timely. If your like me and can't be bothered with seeds buy small herb plants.
- Buy the pot, at least 12cm deep pot.
- A small bag of potting mix
- Fill in your pot until it's a quarter of the way up and then place your herbs in,
- Fill the rest of the pot up with dirt.
- Water and place on your window.