Meal constists of:
- 1 Corn in husk* - 40c
- 1 med Potato* - 30c
- Skirt steak - 250gm steak for $3.50
Extras - Salt, pepper, butter and milk.
*Vegetables are from the market maybe slightly more expensive at supermarket.
- Get steak out of the fridge and place on the bench to get to room temp.
- Dice potato and place in bowl cover with hot water, salt and cover. Place in microwave for 6mins checking every 2mins, may need more or less depending on size of chunks.
- Heat fry pan to high.
- Meanwhile drain cooked potatoes and mash with a fork, add a teaspoon of butter and 2 teaspoons of milk. You may need to add more to get the potatoes to a smooth consistancy. Cover the mash.
- Place steak on hot pan.
- Put corn in the microwave for 3 mins.
- Flip the steak and cook to your liking.
- Leave the steak to rest while you husk the corn.
- Serve the potatoes, stake and corn on plate. Serve corn with butter, if desired.