- 1 can of diced tomatoes (only 80c at countdown).
- Garlic - the ammount depends on how much you like garlic, for me I add 3 cloves. . . but you can always just start with 1
- 5 big leaves of Basil - I grow my own or use some that I've frozen in ice cubes. you could always use the basil that comes in a tube also. Don't use dried, trust me this isn't a time to use dried.
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- Salt and Pepper.
- A few slices of bread - I would recommend ciabatta or sourdough but when I'm poor, it's more likely going to be the $1 bread loaf from countdown.
This can me made either in the microwave or on the stove top. I prefer the microwave because it's a zillion times faster.
- Thinly slice the desired amount of garlic and place in bowel
- Microwave for 30 seconds, or until the garlic is soft aromatic.
- Add chopped tomatoes and microwave for 5 mins, while cooking chop basil and toast bread. The tomatoes are done when they have reached a porridgey constancy.
- Add salt, pepper, sugar and basil.
- You can either eat it with the bread or chop the bread up and stir it in and eat it with a spoon.