Feel free to make this vegan.
- Potato - 1 large
- 1 peel of lemon zest. - see here for a tip.
- Rosemary 1 small fresh sprig or about 1/2 a tsp dried - depends how much you like it.
- 1 piece of stale bread
- 1/3 garlic clove
- teaspoon of oil
- Salt and pepper
- Chop potatoes into 1.5cm cubes and place in boiling water.
- Meanwhile if your bread is stale enough or just not stale pop in the oven and grill until golden brown on both sides.
- When you can stab the potatoes and the knife enters easily then they are cooked. Drain them and leave them in the pot - this will remove excess water and keep them warm till serving.
- Add 1 teaspoon of butter to the potatoes and mash continue to milk until potatoes are combined.
- Turn grill onto high.
- Combine bread, lemon zest and rosemary in blender or whatever you have (I have a bullet). Blend until combined and then add oil.
- Place mashed potatoes on oven proof dish. - If I think my plate will survive then I just chuck it on that.
- Cover potatoes with bread crumbs and place in the oven. It's done when crumb is crispy.